My Favorite LOST Clips

25 February 2009

On "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"...

So, just some quick thoughts on what I consider the second-greatest LOST episode of ALL-TIME. Yes; that's right folks. Better than the epic season 3 WHATTHE$&*# flash-forward finale, better than season FOUR's finale complete with big coffin reveal. Better than 99.99% of all LOST episodes ever assembled. Seriously, this thing was GOOD tonight.

You start out with a cloaked Locke uttering yet another incredible line to his long list of incredible lines: "I remember dying." You have the indescribably delectable confrontation between Locke and Widmore. You get a great comedic moment when Widmore "renames" Locke with the name of the British philosopher who OPPOSED the philosophies of the British philosopher John Locke. You have the amazing Matthew Abaddon ferrying Locke around the entire episode, only to meet a shocking end. You have the entire Oceanic Six rejecting Locke's pleas (minus Sun? but didn't Sun say she met with him or am I just imagining this?). And you have Ben going all PSYCHO on us at the end. Epic. No, EPICK. Incredibly epick.

I'll have more detailed thoughts in a day or two. But just thought I'd drop in with my initial ones!

AHHHHHHHHMAZING.

4 comments:

  1. do we know what station cesar, that girl and locke were in tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure which station exactly, but all the 316'ers were on the "mini" island; not the "regular" one. Not sure if you caught that or not, but at the beginning of the episode they showed Locke standing by the shore and looking out at the "regular" island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree; it was a GREAT episode. It had lots of "What?!?!?!" moments in it. Next week looks like it might be incredible too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah next week looks really good just because we're all kinda wondering, "OK, they're all back...now what???" I don't know if I'm really sold on Kate's/Sawyer's reunion as being "the moment we've all been waiting for" though. I mean, really?

    ReplyDelete